20 Totally Gorgeous Ghana Braids for an Intricate Hairdo
Ghana braids, also known as banana braids or cornrows, are an exquisite and stylish way to protect and style your hair. Originating from Africa, these braids are known for their intricate designs and patterns. Let’s explore 10 stunning styles that can add a touch of elegance to your overall look:
- Classic Straight Back: This is the traditional style where the braids run straight from the front to the back of the head. It’s an evergreen choice that suits everyone.
- Side-Swept Braids: The braids start from one side of the head and sweep diagonally to the opposite side, creating a beautiful cascading effect.
- Zig-Zag Parting: Instead of the standard straight parting, zig-zag patterns in the scalp can make the style more dynamic and playful.
- Mixed Sizes: Combine both thin and thick braids for a multi-dimensional look. This creates a beautiful texture and depth.
- Ghana Braids Bun: Once your braids are done, you can twist and turn them into a chic bun at the crown or base of your head.
- Braids with Beads: Add some vibrant or earthy-toned beads at the ends of your braids for a more traditional and artistic touch.
- Ghana Mohawk: Leave the sides of your head with shorter hair or sleekly laid edges, and create a Mohawk effect with the braids running down the center.
- Braids into Twists: Start with Ghana braids from the scalp and halfway down, transition them into twisted braids. This combo is an absolute head-turner.
- Curved Cornrows: Instead of the traditional straight lines, curve the braids artistically to create swooping designs.
- Two-Toned Braids: Use two different shades of hair extensions. Begin with your natural color and blend into a brighter or contrasting hue for an ombre effect.
- Edge Control: Ensure your baby hairs are laid and sleeked down to perfection to complement your Ghana braids.
- Scalp Care: Don’t braid too tightly, and use nourishing oils to keep your scalp moisturized and healthy.
- Accessories: Apart from beads, consider using golden cuffs or rings to adorn your braids.
With Ghana braids, you can be assured of an elegant hairdo that’s not only beautiful but also protects your hair. Experiment with these styles, or customize them to suit your personal flair!